Monday, June 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe how good it feels to be home. The house feels huge after being crammed into a one bedroom condo for a week with 18 kids crawling all over the place. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed after being away for awhile.
Oddly enough what I appreciate the most is having my own washer and dryer, not having to scrounge a jillion quarters to use them, and if I want to let the clothes sit in there for a day I can. I hate laundromats. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they exist and I have relied on them several times throughout my life, but man they are a pain in the ass. Especially when you are doing laundry for eight people and each load costs $1.75, and the damn dryer doesn't dry the clothes all the way the FIRST time and you have to pay another friggin' 1.75 so you are not trecking home with dripping clothes and have I mentioned how much I love my washer and dryer? I am going to wash clothes all day today just cuz I can.
The trip was fun and great, albeit hard with two toddlers. My word, were they monkeys. Next time, they are staying home with Gramie. They won't remember these trips anyway and we'll get to do more fun stuff with the big kids.

No comments: